Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
|Standard Or Nonstandard:
How Does a Pin Coupling Protect Connected Equipment from Shock Loads and Vibrations?
Pin couplings are designed to provide excellent protection to connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations, ensuring the smooth and reliable operation of the machinery. The unique features of pin couplings contribute to their ability to absorb and dampen shock loads and vibrations effectively:
- Flexibility: Pin couplings possess a certain degree of flexibility due to the presence of movable pins. When subjected to sudden shock loads or vibrations, the pins can flex and move slightly, absorbing the impact and preventing it from transmitting directly to the connected equipment. This flexibility helps in reducing stress and minimizing the risk of damage to the machinery.
- Torsional Compliance: The pin coupling’s design allows for a certain amount of torsional compliance. This means that when the connected shafts experience slight misalignments or angular displacements, the pin coupling can compensate for these variations without causing additional stress or vibration in the system. This feature ensures that the machinery remains in proper alignment even under dynamic conditions, reducing wear and tear.
- Damping Characteristics: The presence of movable pins introduces damping characteristics to the coupling. When vibrations occur in the system, the pins can dampen these oscillations, preventing resonance and the amplification of vibrations. This damping effect improves the overall stability and performance of the machinery.
- Strength and Resilience: High-quality pin couplings are constructed from durable materials with excellent fatigue resistance. This enables the coupling to withstand repeated shock loads and vibrations over an extended period without compromising its integrity. The strength and resilience of the pin coupling contribute to the protection of the connected equipment.
Overall, pin couplings are reliable and versatile components that can effectively protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations. Their flexibility, torsional compliance, damping characteristics, and robust construction make them suitable for various industrial applications where shock and vibration mitigation are essential for maintaining the health and longevity of machinery and equipment.
How Does a Pin Coupling Handle Angular, Parallel, and Axial Misalignment?
A pin coupling is designed to handle different types of misalignment, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The unique construction of pin couplings allows them to accommodate these misalignments without compromising the efficiency and performance of the connected equipment.
1. Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the driving and driven shafts are not parallel but intersect at an angle. Pin couplings can tolerate angular misalignment because of their flexible and floating pin design. The two coupling halves are connected by a series of pins, which can pivot and move within the pin holes. This flexibility allows the coupling to bend slightly, adjusting to the angle of misalignment between the shafts.
2. Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment happens when the axes of the driving and driven shafts are parallel, but they are laterally displaced from each other. Pin couplings can handle parallel misalignment to some extent due to the floating nature of the pins. The pins can move laterally within the pin holes, allowing the coupling to adapt to the offset between the shafts.
3. Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment occurs when there is a linear displacement along the axis of one shaft concerning the other. While pin couplings primarily focus on handling angular and parallel misalignment, they may offer limited axial misalignment capabilities. The floating pins provide a small degree of axial movement, but excessive axial misalignment is best avoided to prevent additional stresses on the coupling.
It is important to note that while pin couplings can accommodate some degree of misalignment, excessive misalignment should be avoided to prevent premature wear and potential failure of the coupling and connected equipment. Regular inspection and maintenance can help identify and address any misalignment issues, ensuring the optimal performance and longevity of the pin coupling in power transmission applications.
Advantages of Using Pin Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Pin couplings, also known as shear pin couplings, offer several advantages when used in mechanical systems. These advantages make them a popular choice for various industrial applications:
- 1. Overload Protection: Pin couplings are designed to provide overload protection to connected equipment. In case of excessive torque or sudden shock loads, the sacrificial pins will shear off, preventing damage to the shafts and other components.
- 2. Misalignment Tolerance: Pin couplings can accommodate a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts. This helps to compensate for minor misalignments and reduces the stress on the connected equipment.
- 3. Cost-Effective: The shear pins used in pin couplings are relatively inexpensive compared to other coupling components. In the event of a failure, replacing the damaged pins is a cost-effective solution, avoiding more significant repairs to the main equipment.
- 4. Easy Replacement: After shearing, the damaged pins can be quickly and easily replaced. This leads to reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs in the long run.
- 5. Versatility: Pin couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications, including pumps, compressors, fans, and other industrial machinery. Their ability to handle varying operating conditions makes them versatile in different environments.
- 6. Shock Load Absorption: Pin couplings can absorb and dissipate shock loads effectively. The shear pins act as a buffer, protecting the equipment from sudden impacts or overloads.
Despite their numerous advantages, it is essential to consider the limitations of pin couplings as well. They have lower torque capacities compared to some other coupling types, such as gear couplings or rigid couplings. Additionally, the need to replace shear pins after each failure may lead to more frequent maintenance requirements in applications with frequent overloads or misalignments.
In conclusion, pin couplings provide reliable torque transmission and safety features, making them a valuable component in various mechanical systems. Their ability to protect against overloads and accommodate misalignments makes them a practical choice in a wide range of industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-03